Our Client is one of the top-notch busiest private hospitals in Dubai, UAE seeking a General Practitioner Experienced in Emergency Room to join their Team. You shall be responsible for the preliminary delivery of optimal patient care to all the patients of your specialty under the consultants in the hospital. He/she should be involved in the continuous quality improvement activities of the department and hospital to achieve goals set by the management.
Duties and responsibilities listed below.
- Conducts the preliminary investigation of the patient under the observation of a senior staff and as permitted by his/her consultant as stated below:
- History and Physical examination and initials order, and investigation of elective admission of assigned consultant.
- Carryout essential assessment of cases in ER and wards.
Note: in the case of critically ill patients, the specialist should be contacted after initial assessment.
- Assume the full responsibility for other duties assigned by his/her consultant.
- Perform Rounds (with the consultants and independently) daily in his/her duty hours, updates progress notes, and follow-up on all pending test results.
- Responsible for follow-up Consultations from other departments or other members of his/her own department.
- May be allowed to perform diagnostic or therapeutic invasive procedures for which he/she is specifically privileged according to his/her training, experience and special skills with the approval of a Consultant or coordinator of department.
- Prepares Discharge summaries as per the hospital standard for patients upon their discharge from hospital.
- Assist in conducting clinics, if needed, under the supervision of her/his consultant.
- Issues orders and prescribe medications, in accordance with hospital rules.
- Communicates and interacts with the patients in order to ensure patient doctor relations. Sensitively discusses information with the patient/family information regarding patient condition and treatment plan
- Participates in all medical staff teaching programs and academic activities of his/her department and of the hospital.
- Serves on departmental / hospital committees as requested.
- Will be responsible to implement all approved policies and procedures, rules. Regulations, policies, protocols and guidelines/clinical pathways that guide and support the provision of services.
- Working Hours: 48 Hours / Week
- Working Days: 6 Days / Week
- Shifts: Rotating Shifts
- Contract Period 3 Years Renewable
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Family Contract: Candidate, Wife and 2 Kids
Educational/Professional Qualifications Requirements:
Professional Qualification: Completion of a Degree of a minimum of five (5) continuous years of education, of which at least four (4) years are devoted to formal Medical education from an institute/college/university listed by the Ministry of Higher Education Affairs in UAE and the World Directory of Medical Schools (applicable to Medical Doctors only) and Completion of all the formal requirements for the degree corresponding to doctor of medicine or equivalent in a medical school and being awarded the Degree of Doctor of Medicine or its equivalent.
Clinical and Work Experience: Completion of at least one (1) year of supervised structured clinical training (internship) sponsored by a medical school post completion of the undergraduate’s Medical education; and Completion of at least two (2) years of clinical independent experience after internship training in a hospital setup.
Professional Experience: not less than 2 years of recent professional experience in a Hospital ER department.
Professional License: A current license/registration to practice as a Medical Doctor.
English Proficiency Test: Required if the graduate’s education was not taught in English. TOEFL – a minimum score of 550; or IELTS – a minimum band of 6.0 or equivalent.
Candidates who are exempt from Licensing Exam:
Applicants from countries listed below are exempt from completing licensing examination:
- Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Greece, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United stated.
Applicants (applicable to Medical Doctors only) who have completed any of the approved examinations listed below are exempt from completing the Licensing examination as well:
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) examination - Australia; or
- Temporary Registration Assessment Scheme (TRAS) Parts I, II and III – Ireland; or
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board (PLAB) test Parts I and II – United Kingdom; or
- Membership of the Royal Colleges examinations Parts I and II – United Kingdom; or
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Steps 1, 2CK (Clinical Knowledge) and 3*. An alternative to USMLE Step 3 is successful completion of the Medical Licensure Examination-General (MLE-G) – United States; or
- Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE) and Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE) Parts II and III.
- Bilingual candidate (Excellent in Arabic and English)
- Age not to exceed 50 years’ old
Salary is 6,811 USD equivalents to 25,000 AED (Induces Basic Salary, Housing and Transportation Allowance)
- Air Tickets Once per year for the Employee and Authorized Dependents (Provided)
- Health Care Insurance for the Employee and Authorized Dependents (Provided)
- Vacation 30 Days per Year (Provided)
- Holidays 10 Days per Year (Provided)
- This Position is subject to periodic review and may be changed at any time in consultation with the employee.
- Only eligible applicants who have been shortlisted will be contacted for interview and will be kept informed.
- We receive a large amount of highly qualified and experienced applicants making competition for each advertised position very tough. Not everyone can be selected for a position.
- If you applied to this position earlier and weren’t contacted by the agency that means your CV is either under review or not shortlisted.